Who qualifies to be registered as a citizen of the RSMIN Community?
Anyone who has verifiable evidence to show that they are a direct descendent of one or more of the 84 half-breeds from the Robinson Superior Treaty of 1850 can apply to be a Citizen of Red Sky Métis Independent Nation™ (RSMIN).
What is the application process?
If you would like to apply for membership with RSMIN, you must go through the following process:
1. Obtain a copy of your long form birth certificate
2. Gather any supporting documentation of your family’s Métis ancestry, as far back as you can. This includes information such as:
- Birth Certificates
- Death certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Baptismal records
- Newspaper clippings of birth, marriage or death announcements
- Any other relevant information pertaining to your Métis ancestry
3. Contact RSMIN, and discuss your interest in applying for membership.
4. Fill out an application, a Declaration of Aboriginal Ancestry form, and a consent form.
5. RSMIN staff will then take your application and supporting documentation, review it, and conduct a genealogical analysis of your ancestry to confirm your eligibility for membership.
6. Once your membership eligibility is confirmed, RSMIN staff will proceed with the photo ID card process.