WAWA Pellet Plant
Rentech is emerging as a major stakeholder in the Canadian forestry sector, committed to sustainable forest management and pioneering new technologies for creating renewable energy sources. As site Maintenance Supervisor your primary responsibility will be to coordinate and direct the execution of daily maintenance work, project work and plant turnarounds (outages) through planning, estimating and scheduling activities while using the plant’s CMMS as the primary tool.
Reporting to the Mill Superintendent, this position is directly responsible to provide supervision to maintenance personnel and external maintenance contractors to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime. Also responsible for ensuring that complete and accurate record are kept of all maintenance activities, updating of storeroom stock levels and tracking of relevant maintenance metrics (KPI’s).The Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for supporting the CMMS implementation in Wawa, with support to Atikokan as well as any new future facilities.
• Mechanical, Electrical Engineering Technologist, Trades certification or equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a related industrial environment.
• Experience with Oracle and computerized maintenance methods.
• Proven experience in preventative and predictive maintenance methods.
• Have a track record of consistently demonstrating leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, environmental, quality and productivity.
• Ability to prioritize, plan and coordinate work in all types of conditions.
• Demonstrated strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, internet and other windows based programs.
• Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence; failure analysis
Interested applicants are invited to reply in confidence by submitting a detailed resume to the attention of Michelle Hargreaves, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 807-628-8155 or visit our careers website at www.rentechinc.com. Rentech offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Rentech is an equal opportunity employer