- Organization: Shaw Cablesystems >> THUNDER BAY >> TECHNICAL OPERATIONS
- Job Order: J0616-1703
- Job Title: Unit Based Install
- Job Category: Technical Operations
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: THUNDER BAY, Ontario, Canada
Job Posting Alert: J0616-1703 - Shaw Cablesystems >> THUNDER BAY >> TECHNICAL OPERATIONS
Unit Based Install
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 13,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Unit Based Installer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Unit Based Installer working in Calgary. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Operations. The successful candidate will be accountable for the installation of analog, digital phone and digitally delivered services. If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us.
• Install Internet, cable television, Digital Cable Terminals (DCT), Digital Phone Terminals (DPT) and home entertainment equipment for our customers
• Exchange and collect Shaw equipment to ensure our products are performing at an optimal level
• Maintain accurate inventory information for DCTs, DPTs and modems
• Ensure all work orders are coded accurately and submitted in a timely manner
• Demonstrate, promote and sell the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw’s products and services
• Provide superior customer service
• Various other duties as needed
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12 education; post secondary technical schooling (NCTI Installer course) an asset
• Advanced PC hardware and software knowledge; A+ certification an asset
• Previous customer service and strong sales abilities required
• Experience in sales/retail customer service positions an asset
• Prior experience in a cable television environment is an asset
• Strong background in DOS, Windows Operating Systems; background in Macintosh environments an asset
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and provide an annual driver’s abstract
• Possess and maintain appropriate tools and equipment to perform the duties
• Possess and maintain a vehicle (and insurance) that meets Shaw specifications and safety standards
• Ability to perform work safely in all types of conditions – indoor and outdoor
• Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag manhole covers 1 - 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics.
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
Ability to work various shifts including weekends and evenings
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
The Shaw Recruitment TeamRead More
Please visit the following links below in regards to the Crown's response to the Daniels Supreme Court Decision.
Today in Canada's history, Métis have a legal home. While the full implications of rights, privileges and limitations will be a hot topic in the upcoming months, we now have place in the government to discuss these matters.
For more information as it becomes available please keep checking the RSMIN.ca/rights page and or subscribe to the RSMIN newsletter for upcoming updates and opportunities.
As well RSMIN would like to invite everyone to read the official case judgment to understand the points and considerations that are a part of this judgement. (link below)
2016-04-14 - Supreme Court Judgments - Daniels v. Canada (Indian Affairs and Northern Development) https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/15858/index.do
The City of Thunder Bay is developing a master plan to guide municipal investment in recreational services, programs and facilities over the course of the next 12-15 years!
Sierra Planning & Management has been retained by the City to lead the development of the Master Plan. The anticipated completion date for the project is the fall of 2016.
Click Here for more information
If you would like to provide feedback, please email Consultation@RSMIN.ca